Monday, June 13, 2005

Hide the children

Not guilty verdicts... and the back pain's gone!

While running errands in the late afternoon, I came across three radio stations playing only Michael Jackson music. (And a new rock station playing "Smooth Criminal" by Alien Ant Farm.) See, I figured he'd be found guilty of the lesser charges -- he practically admits to them in that TV documentary interview -- and that his opponents would come out of the woodwork after the trial decision was announced. Instead, we get not guilty times ten and his closet supporters suddenly emerging from their extended state of fear.

I am concerned. There's been talk in recent months that Jacko has an open invitation to set up residence here in Las Vegas for his own nightly concert show. He needs the money, and this city is one giant Neverland Ranch. It could happen. And even though I am unmarried and childless, I don't feel very safe right now.

No comments: