Friday, June 10, 2005

Word to your grandmother

I'll admit it. I watched NBC Thursday night, when apparently it is no longer cool to do so. After an hour of Joey, which is really growing on me, my sister and I watched this. (I won't type the title. It's so awful I can't even begin to describe it.) We got our kicks from watching The Knack, Haddaway, Tommy Tutone, The Motels, and Vanilla Ice try to escape the ravages of time. Each would play their biggest/only hit, then cover a recent pop song, and the audience would vote their favorite. It was bizarre watching these young audience members cheer for music way before their time. I can imagine the screams...

"My mother used to love you!"
"It's the song from the Cingular commercial!"
"That guy's still alive?!?"

I can't believe NBC is stretching this out into a summer series. How the mighty have fallen.

Oh, snap! It's another
55 Fiction Friday!

Put the makeup around the eyes just so. Arch the back to show off the best angle. Don’t be afraid to show a little leg. Work those dance moves just like the girls in the music videos.

Yes, it was another glorious Sunday afternoon hidden away in his mother’s bathroom, and Billy was a star.

1 comment:

bethanybeachhouserentalsde.com said...

Quite useful info, thank you for the article.