Friday, May 20, 2005

Battle of the bands

It's time to decide.

System of a Down vs. Aerosmith. Which band is an uglier collection of men?

(I've provided links rather than direct images because, well, some people eat while they read this page. Also, if you are employed by the beautification industry, these pictures are not safe for work.)

Aerosmith's Joe Perry (pictured far right) is the anomaly; while he's mostly scraggly now, there was a time when he was presentable enough to be a recurring guest star on Homicide: Life on the Street. This may give the edge to Aerosmith.

But what if you take Joe Perry out of the equation? Man, that's a whole lotta ugly.

Hey you! Take your hands off my 55 Fiction Friday!


“You just missed a fantastic group session. Tracy started to face her fears. Oliver realized he wasn’t to blame for his father’s departure. Cecilia thinks she can jump into the water again. And I think I’m finally able to separate my delusions from reality. So where were you?”

“Here all day drinking, just like you.”

6 comments:

The Attractive Nuisance said...

Aerosmith is the most overrated band ever.

Neel Mehta said...

AN: Seriously. Alicia Silverstone extended their career by about 10 years, and they never thanked her.

APL: Wow! That's some old-school ugly. But didn't Greg Allman bag Cher back when she was a woman?

Also... how do you create a link in the comments section?

K-Lyn said...

Rolling Stones...until they die there is no point in this conversation.

Neel Mehta said...

Yeah, the Rolling Stones have gathered some ugly. But most of that ugly comes from being old; Aerosmith was an uglier band when they started.

Besides, I still love that SNL skit with Jimmy Fallon and Mick Jagger with the pointing fingers:

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/01/01hdressingroom.phtml

Neel Mehta said...

I know I'm in the minority on this, but Liv Tyler does nothing for me in the beauty or acting departments. I think this is one of the reasons I didn't enjoy The Fellowship of the Ring and then boycotted the other two movies.

I just... couldn't keep watching if the prettiest girl on screen was Orlando Bloom.

K-Lyn said...

C, the better bit was on Weekend Update when Tom Petty was playing Bob Dylan and David Spade played Tom Petty as his interpreter for those who were "Dylan-impared".

Both of them got some ugly going one. Although I'd say age has been kinder to them than most.