Thursday, May 19, 2005

Risk calculation

Today's top story in Fox Sports' college basketball section:

Some players take big risk with early entry

Agreed. Over 60 young men (not including the more draftable international players, nor any college upperclassmen) are each convinced that he is among the 30 first rounders. Kinda like how everyone in law school says they're in the top half of their class.

But look at the second headline:

Kansas guard Giddens slashed by knife in fight

My first thought? It's not "I hope he's okay," though I do. Instead, it's "I guess some players take a big risk staying in school, too."

1 comment:

Neel Mehta said...

Wow, you really are steering clear of the news.

Yes, Shav declared just before the deadline, but did not retain the agent. As I told V, I'm not sure what he'll learn from the draft camps that he doesn't already know.

He'll be back. And I'm wondering if that's a good thing.