Thursday, April 28, 2005

Rain delay

Note to self: keep musical entries down to a minimum. They can be quite draining.

It's a rare rainy day here. In other words, a great day to stay in and finish drafting letters to my parents' store buyer and the useless attorney he rode in on. (See Monday's entry.) It's difficult these days -- my Dad feels compelled to pour his consciousness and heart into a letter, and then I have to make it sound coherent and businesslike. He has to appear resolute, not betrayed.

Any lawyers out there? If so, does it feel different when you act on behalf of family?

4 comments:

The Attractive Nuisance said...

I am still in law school, so it's a bit different, but my family seems to have a very inaccurate sense of when they should sue and when they should let something go.

Neel Mehta said...

I remember that. There was a lot of talk about "when you become a lawyer, then you'll have to help me with..."

I ended that kind of talk when I burned out in 1998, didn't finish until 2001, and didn't pass the bar until just now. Showed them.

The Attractive Nuisance said...

Maybe I'll put my family off with a crystal meth habit or something.

site said...

Gosh, there is a great deal of useful information above!