Monday, January 08, 2007

Pimp my write

The nomination process has begun for the Seventh Annual Weblog Awards, also known as the 2007 Bloggies. (I once had a case of the bloggies, but I took an antibiotic.) I've already submitted my choices, and I encourage others to do the same.

I must warn you: it's a popularity contest, even at the nomination stage. Only the most frequently nominated blogs make the long shortlist. That means that heavily linked and overexposed blogs will dominate, even in the category for Best Kept Secret.

The advantage, however, is that you may vote for the eventual winner in a few categories. This presents a unique opportunity to check out a few blogs that you may not encounter otherwise, and see how some creative individuals choose to design their pages.

No comments: