Monday, October 03, 2005

Planet of the lesbians

These days I'm in a constant search for sources of levity.

This article from ABC News may do the trick for today. It appears that the long-debated tenth planet in our solar system, which is officially known as 2003 UB313 but is nicknamed Xena, has an orbiting satellite. And scientists have named it Gabrielle.


I like the part where the Cal Tech guy says, "Having a moon is just inherently cool." What a geeky thing to say.

This is a major development for the lesbian agenda. It seemed unfair that the one planet named for a gay icon (aside from Mercury, I guess, and don't get me started on Uranus) was out and about but all alone. But now we've found its cute little blonde companion. Battle on, Xena!

1 comment:

muebles en jaen said...

It cannot succeed in actual fact, that is exactly what I think.