Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Cliffs Notes remix

Again, courtesy of Bookslut. This link wouldn't be nearly so funny if R. Kelly didn't take his crappy music so seriously. (For what it is, "Bump and Grind" was not that bad. But listen to William Hung's version of "I Believe I Can Fly" -- or just imagine it -- and tell me all of the suckiness belongs to the vocalist. And then there's the pretentious video direction, his taste in young women, the "Best of Both Worlds" tour debacle... I hate R. Kelly.)

1 comment:

Neel Mehta said...

It gets worse. The latest Rolling Stone has a blurb about the unusual 5-part song. And I quote:

"People were expecting him to shoot somebody at the end of the song, and they were almost disappointed when he didn't." Kelly's character may still get a chance to use that Baretta, though: The artist recently recorded seven more chapters of the song and shot accompanying videos. His label, Jive, is still figuring out how to release them.