Saturday, June 18, 2005

Travel tips are appreciated

As I mentioned in the comments here, I am visiting San Francisco for the first time next month. Any advice by my more experienced readers would be appreciated. Preferences: festival-like atmospheres, long-running stage productions, quality Thai cafe food, local curiosities... basically, anything I can't find in Las Vegas. My parents are joining me, and they require lodging with a kitchen or kitchenette. We've been told that parking and driving are hindrances, so we'd like a place near the public transportation system. Any ideas?

5 comments:

K-Lyn said...

LOVE the city. You probably will too. Things to visit...Ghirardelli Square for the Chocolate, Fisherman's Warf for the views, PacBell for the Giants, and Alcatraz so you can quote So I Married an Ax Murderer. Other faves I have are The Metreon and Dave and Busters for Virtual Bowling (don't knock it til you try it).

God I wish I could afford to live there. The only city that holds a candle to PDX for me.

Neel Mehta said...

"The Rock is a tourist attraction?"

Hmm. Sounds funnier aloud, in brogue.

GG said...

I actually try to stay out of SF unless I'm going to work :)

But you are right about the driving... Muni (busses) and BART (the subway) get you pretty much everywhere you want to go, although they can be slow. You can always take a taxi as well.

The Attractive Nuisance said...

Eat at House of Nanking, my friend. And let the man who waits on you choose your food. You will not be sorry.

vbarcelone said...

The writer is totally fair, and there is no question.