Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Tomfoolery

I've decided to share a series of random thoughts I have about TomKat, the latest bizarre Hollywood couple. All this time, I led myself to believe that I didn't care. It turns out that I still don't, but that I'll plumb the depths of belated Hollywood gossip to provide you, the reader, with close to daily content.

1. Wait, I saw that damn finale. Didn't she choose Pacey?

2. As I understand it, you have to get with Scientology to get with Tom. How does that work? Is this, like, a third date thing?

3. Has Tom been listening to unhealthy amounts of Maroon 5? Is he taking that "Look for the girl with the broken smile" line literally?

4. Nicole is quoted here as saying that too much kissing for the cameras makes the romance look false. So... Eminem and Elton John aren't an item?

5. Dual publicity stunt? I can imagine Tom's courting: "We've both got movies coming up. Help me... help you!"

6. Mimi Rogers: almost twice as old, still better looking.

7. Penelope would comment, but let's face it, she's with Matthew McConaughey now and it's 4:20 somewhere.

8. First, Harrison and Calista, now this. We just need George Clooney to hook up with Selma Blair and my nightmare will be complete.

9. Irony of ironies: does anyone else think that, despite his beliefs, Tom would benefit from therapy?

5 comments:

K-Lyn said...

I'm with these people...

http://freekatie.net/

Except for that "gifted actress" bit.

Neel Mehta said...

My guess is that she's still a little starstruck at this point, but honestly, does she really need saving? She gets A-list credit for this, even if she's auditing. I'm already seeing more of her in the Batman Begins promos.

"Gifted actress"... that's funny.

K-Lyn said...

A favorite radio movie reviewer here was saying he had got a chance to see Batman and would be rgiving us a full review of it next week. For the teaster he said:

First, Katie Holmes was awful. Really, really awful.
Second, the rest of the movie was fan-friggin-tastic!

It was almost verbatim what I expected my review of it would. I'll keep you posted.

Neel Mehta said...

I have a feeling it's gonna be like one of the Spider-Man movies, except there Tobey Maguire had chemistry with Kirsten Dunst, almost enough to compensate for her performances.

It's hard for a female character to have chemistry with Batman/Bruce Wayne. Chris O'Donnell, however...

K-Lyn said...

Even though the movie sucked I thought Nicole had chemistry with Val Kilmer. Of course I might have been projecting there.