Friday, May 27, 2005

North by Southwest

Because the unemployed can also use a vacation, I'm leaving Sin City and its triple-digit weather all next week. A trifecta of Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver sounds nice. Travel dispatches are possible, but unlikely.

If only Robinson Crusoe had a 55 Fiction Friday...

Her husband, a detective, suspected almost everyone. Despite stern warnings from his superiors for using work resources, he interrogated the pool cleaner, the cable repairman, and, keeping an open mind, the cosmetics lady. But all were clean, even after a lie detector test.

Much to her relief, he never thought of testing the polygraph operator.

3 comments:

K-Lyn said...

Um...this is probably not a good time to tell you that we reached 100 today. I believe the next two days are expected to be in the 90s as well. Musta known you were coming.

Neel Mehta said...

APL: If I'm trying to leave the heat here in Vegas, I'm certainly not going to venture out to the Motherland.

K: This was an excellent time to tell me. I'm in the process of packing, and I can err on the side of shorts.

K-Lyn said...

I just checked for you...tomorrow and sunday have been downgraded to 85 with a possibility of thunder storms. And it's ALWAYS raining by Rose Fest. Bring it all, man. It's the Northwest...