Friday, May 06, 2005

I am Joe's financier

One of the benefits of having a subscription for the Las Vegas Review-Journal, other than the current Star Wars theme of the comic strip "Fox Trot," is the occasional announcement of a free financial planning seminar open to the public. My father and I just registered for the third and fourth such event in the past month or so. I swear we're getting addicted. We're not even in it for the free gift just for attending. I'm starting to think these make-money seminars are like the new version of the terminal disease support groups in Fight Club.

Please slap me, though, if I attend a seminar about selling generic household products.

Enjoy
55 Fiction Friday. Here goes...

Their previous leader gone after an unprecedented tenure, three monks traveled to a distant corner of Latvia to find his successor.

They came upon the village, then an alley, then a five-year-old boy.

One was skeptical, and asked the eldest if he was sure.

“Yes, I’m certain. This child will be the next Dick Clark.”

No comments: