Specifically, I was waiting for K-Lyn of And She Was... to send me photos of her recent Beatles-themed birthday. (Read her invitation here and check out the Yellow Submarine cake here.) She finally e-mailed them, and I was pleased to see some very simple but effective costumes. Those really are the best kind. I won't post the photos here, but see if you can guess the Beatles song by the outfit description:
1. The birthday girl had a sunshine sphere dangled above and in front of her.
2. Some guy with a 1040 form taped onto him.
3. The co-host adhered colorful plastic Easter eggs to his sweatshirt.
4. Some lady had bathroom drapes draped around her.
5. The other co-host wore her MLS jersey boasting the New England team.
Though I could not attend, I would like to echo K-Lyn's shout-out to Quinn the Brain and her spouse for graciously hosting the event in their house, with the lovely kitchen and the awesome wooden flooring. Can I make an early request that you do the same for my 34th birthday next September?
I was thinking of doing a Rolling Stones theme (click the band name, not the picture above, and here's the transcript). It wouldn't be hard. We'd all just sit around, keep doing what we always do, and see how old we would get.