Saturday, December 15, 2007

Crackin' wisdom

I don't have much to say about the Golden Globe nominations. Honestly, I was more curious about the TV nods than the film ones, and so I was thrilled to see rookies Mad Men and Pushing Daisies get multiple notices.

Still, I came across this article about how the writers' strike might affect next month's ceremony, and felt the need to extract a bit:

House actor Hugh Laurie alluded to the strike in statement to Usmagazine.com: "I have to emphasize how much I owe to David Shore and all the writers on House. Without them, I wouldn't even know how to finish this sentence without... you know..."

Brief, witty, and meta. How can you not love this guy?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how anyone could not like Hugh Laurie. I ADORE him!
What a talented man he is.

Anonymous said...

I can just picture him saying the line in that great British accent he does!

ZenDenizen said...

I agree, the movie nods were completely lackluster.

Unknown said...

you saw my GG post in which I hoped he wins, right? LOVE him.