Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I feel like Brad Pitt

That is, when Brad Pitt has the flu. According to this ABC News report (and I love the redundant sub-headline), we have something new in common: that lovely combination of body aches, fever, cold, and congestion. This is why I've been slow to post last week's San Francisco travelogue. Influenza reaches all new levels of suckiness in the middle of summer.

I enjoyed his publicist's declaration: "I think he has the flu." Great news reporting. I assume the folks at Access Hollywood and Extra will provide some real insight by talking to the cafeteria employee who makes the lime gelatin and the maintenance staffer who handles the bedpans.

I also appreciate that sister site ESPN.com ranks the most popular ABC News stories, and that today's top stories are as follows:

1. Brad Pitt
2. Space Shuttle delay
3. Chief Justice Rehnquist
4. 246 cats removed
5. Hurricane Dennis
6. London arrests
7. U.S. transit alert
8. Missing boy
9. 'Fantastic Four'
10. Get drunk rights?

See, I'm thinking #5 and #6 should top the list, and that the possibility of a second opening on the Supreme Court -- John Ashcroft, pack your bags! -- is bigger hospital news. But that's just my opinion. I am pleased to see University of Maryland basketball coach Gary Williams make the news at #10, even if it is 6 spots below that bizarre University of Kentucky scandal.

I mentioned that Brad Pitt and I have something new in common. As it turns out, I can also complete George Clooney's thoughts, and was once linked with Angelina Jolie.

2 comments:

Neel Mehta said...

It's been shown time and time again that pet safety is of greater human interest than child safety.

New reports are saying Brad Pitt has viral meningitis. So I guess I'm feeling better than him now.

fxhawaii said...

Oh my god, there's so much worthwhile information here!